action ratios

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 14:44:17 +0100

Ron Overs wrote:

> One therefore should be careful to compare figures between
> pianos by calculating the hammer/key ratio via the same
> method when drawing conclusions,  ie. don't measure one
> piano via weight calculation and use the results to
> predict the behaviour of another action by measuring it
> using the leverage calculation method.  Ron O.

Hmmm, I dont think anyone should use any data at all from
one piano to predict behaviour on another. Each action is a
thing unto itself in the end.

But as long as you are comparing weight and distance ratios
in this manner, I will say that I use a measured distance
ratio indicator to predict and insure weight ratio behaviour
consistancy in the same action.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.