apples and oranges

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 14:13:01 -0600

>Looking at widely separated points on the parameter spectrum will provide
>an in-depth understanding of the generic "piano" system that cannot be
>achieved by looking with blinkers at one particular example, or even a set
>of very closely related examples ["modern piano"].
>
>Stephen

Fair enough. Then please unblinker me with a description of what is so
sobering about the thought that Cristifori's instrument had a 10:1 action
ratio in light [sic] of the weight of the hammers used, and in the context
of the discussion of the relationship between action ratios and hammer
weights. I made the comment on the hammer weight because I thought it was
pretty obvious and didn't see anything particularly insightful about it.
But I could very well be mistaken. Please clarify.

And as far as my emblinkerment being made obvious by my comment that
Cristifori's piano was not a modern piano, haven't you pointed out that
very thing more than once on this list in support of how things were done
then against how they are done now? Perhaps I just imagined it. No matter.
I'm sure you can clear it all up for me.

Eagerly awaiting vision enhancement.

Ron N