action ratios

David C. Stanwood Stanwood@tiac.net
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 15:13:54 -0500

He Stéphane,

The reason I can imagine is that the force vectors are not perfectly
aligned with the force of gravity.  I'm probably not saying this right.
Think of it this way,...when the hammer starts out, it's not parallel to
gravity for instance.....   If all the levers centered around a horizontal
line, maybe it would be closer. The extreme is the Upright, just doesn't
work there because the parts are aligned vertically.

David

At 08:32 PM 11/2/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi David.
>
>I plan to do a more in depth study of your metrology.  Maybe I sould not
dare to jump into this discussion before that.  But isn't there a certain
analogy between ratios given by geometry, and ratios given by weight
comparing ? If difference exists, could you explain that ?