Piano Buying Scam

Philip Jamison mortier@netreach.net
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:26:42 -0500

I occasionally sell pianos on the PianoMart web page. One "buyer" =
responded today claiming to be a piano dealer in Lagos, Nigeria. =
(hm-m-m-m). This dealer, a Mrs. Davies, said she would take the piano =
and have it shipped to Nigeria via FedEx (hm-m-m-m #2). A man in Florida =
owed her $11,500, and he would send me this amount and I would send the =
difference to Nigeria. You get the idea. The sender signed the note by =
miss-spelling her name. I doubt any on this list are foolish enough to =
fall for crude scams such as this, but be alert!

Philip Jamison Pianos
West Chester, PA