Better Bass Scale for M&H A

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 12:04:15 -0600

Hi Ron,
               If you are going that far in re scaling, I would full agree
with you.  However the German loop idea, is to gain some performance with
little effort, where radical re scaling and re design is not practical.
Ideally on small pianos, each small gain adds to make the whole dramatic.
The results that I got from this 4'11" Nordheimer by just epoxying the new
pins, notching the bi chords, and German loops surprised the heck out of me.
Now the new hammers and re scaled bass strings also added to the improvements.
The acid test would be to order a new set of strings with traditional
loops.  But I'm not about to do that on my nickle.
Regards Roger