action ratios

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:39:22 +0100

Isaac OLEG wrote:

> This is a very interesting discussion. For sure the study of David
> Stanwood deserve a lot of merit and respect. If this study where not
> done, we would not have third wonderful weight methodology and
> approach.

I'm sure most everyone agrees in this :)

> Having changed the hammers on mine, I had moved the whippen rail to a
> lower ratio, while using "copies hammer" that where on the medium/high
> range.

I am sure this has to do with language barrier issues, but I dont think we
really move the whippen << rail >> per se to deal with ratio. Moving the
whippen rail is to adjust for the best possible spread relative to two
lines of centers. Personally I place priority on making sure the spread is
such that with the hammer at the desired blow distance, the jack is barely
on the B+ side of perpendicular to the hammer shank when properly
regulated to the knuckle. Actually, this has more then once shed light on
a problem with capstan placement.

What exactly do you mean by "moved the whippen rail to a lower ratio" ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.