Designers Text

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Fri, 31 May 2002 23:13:06 +0200

Hi folks

I posted a note the other day about Jan Grossbach and Klaus Fenner having
published a new book that is supposed to be the to date definitive text on
piano design. A few asked both on and off list about it being in English or
not. I have the following information for you all

The Title of the book is "Praktisches Handbuch der Klavierkonstruktion". It is
at present only in German, and I understand they are not disinterested in
finding someone who can help them translate it if there is enough interest in
the States and England to justify the  work.

Another note... I heard today that Klaus Fenner has just suffered a stroke, tho
I dont know how severe. It is uncertain at this point then that he will be able
to attend our conference in october, but Jan Grossbach will be able to take his
place. I am sure we all send our hopes and prayers out to Klaus and those who
stand him close, for his speedy recovery.

RicB
Richard Brekne
RPT NPTF
Griegakadamiet UiB