Possible worm on the list?

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:00:32 -0700

There could possibly be a worm on the list.  I received an e-mail
claiming something to the effect that "Bill Gates was giving away his
fortune to the public".  You know, the typical stupidity from someone
with too much time on their hands.  Then I got an e-mail from someone
else stating that the "e-mail I just sent was a hoax." Well duh, I could
see that and would never have remailed it.   I deleted it immediately
and I resent it no one.  The message from someone else telling me it is
a hoax then suggests that it propagated and is getting remailed to
people in my address book.  If this is true I would appreciate it if
anyone one the list, INCLUDING the list itself, let me know if this
thing was received FROM ME so that I can confirm this.  If this proves
to be the case then that would confirm that it is mailing itself and
spreading quickly and probably now from others on the list as well.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV