Curious - US vs. Jap. built Yamaha verts.

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:44:18 EDT

Hello List,

I am curious for opinions on how these models hold up for others in the
field. I have had good experience with the U series and frankly all Yamaha
verticals built in Japan. Is the newer T series built in Japan? I hope not.
We are not so happy with these so far.

Also had spotty success with the US built consoles, Michigan built LU-11
practically fell apart in a school and although some do OK, I don't feel they
are designed to hold up like the Jap built models. (Nothing to do with
American execution, this is a design and material issue I think)

Regards,

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co & Factory
Philadelphia, Pa.