Writing on Pianos

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 06:55:29 -0400

Friends,

I do not write on pianos.  If the piano is already equipped with an
attached record to record service information (such as Everett used to
do) then I do write on that.  An alternative to what Bob does is to
leave a business card on top of the pinblock (vertical) or maybe in the
bench for a grand where a record of tunings can be kept.

One of my pet peeves is gluing a business card to the piano somewhere.
Who of us can be certain that we will be servicing that piano for the
rest of its life?  Some cards are glued so securely that they can't be
removed without leaving some of the card behind.  If anyone does this,
please stop now.  If you feel it must be attached, use a tiny bit of
Sticky-tack or something else that's easily removable.

Regards, Clyde