No manuals

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 12:14:43 -0400

> Has it really been your experience that every new piano owner you've met knows > instinctively how often the piano should be tuned, info about tone and > regulation, how to clean the keys and care for the case, where the piano > should

Well of course they did, after yelling at them for an hour. :)

What I think would likely happen is that the dealers would throw any such manual
in the recycle bin, so it devolves to us to do the educating, if the custom will
believe us and not think we are trying to rip them off.

So, several years ago I wrote a brochure about piano maintenance, what it is and
isn't, can and cannot do, etc.  I just ran across one of the last remaining
copies last night. :)

It IS our job to educate, no one else will, unfortunately, and the teachers are
the worse, they think they know stuff and they are too often misleading and
overly misinformed.

		Newton :)