The most difficult piano to work on

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 16:06:29 -0400

Mike wrote:
  I don't get first time experiences much anymore. I know some of you =
have went through the same thing with this PSO.  I know they built more =
than one.

  I know of at least 3 more that they built, all of which went through =
my shop. The 3rd was and will be the last to see the interior walls of =
this shop.=20
  My experience with the first one was very close to yours. I scratched =
my head raw trying to figure the logic behind the action design. I'm =
convinced K&B was one of the early innovators of "planned obselecense", =
making something that no one in their right mind would (even) attempt to =
take apart, let along rebuild.
   I did the 2nd one with the knowledge of figuring out what I had done =
with the first. I had made a series of jigs which I envisioned would =
make future K &B rebuilds much smoother. Mistake #2.
  Still was a "krain in the back".
  Mistake #3: agreeing to do the 3rd.
  Tom Servinsky,RPT