Piano Specs. book

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 13:46:43 -0700

Ron Shiflet,
It sounds very much like you got up on the wrong side of the world =
today. I personally didn't get the same read on Joe Garrett's remarks =
that you certainly did, and perhaps others got various well-intentioned =
shades of meaning as well. If that could be the case then I think you =
should have cut a little slack in your criticism, or at the very least, =
sent your remarks to Mr. Garrett off-list. I, for one, am quite offended =
at your little tirade and belittlement of a fine stalwart guy that I =
know Joe to be. For your trashing of Mr. Garrett so vehemently and =
callously in public I do believe you should reconsider your missive and =
send all of us an apology, but especially directing one toward Mr. =
Garrett.
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ron & Lorene Shiflet=20
  To: PTG - send/receive=20
  Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 11:16 AM
  Subject: Re: Piano Specs. book

  To Joe Garrett,
      From time to time, we all get stuck on a particular problem and
  sometimes ask for a little help.  Likewise, when a fellow technician =
gets
  stuck and asks for help, we assist them if we can.
      I was unable to locate the specs for that piano and so I asked to =
see if
  anyone had them.  For some reason you took it upon yourself to rip me =
apart
  for not having the PTG specs book and then kept going by asking if I =
had
  ever read books on wood working or welding.  What does welding have to =
do
  with Samick action specs?
      For over a decade, Randy Potter has bragged about what a fine =
mentor you
  were.  I even bought one of your repair labor guides from him, which =
by the
  way, I did read many times.  All these years I thought you must be a =
great
  technician and mentor.  I even thought it might be neat to meet you =
and all
  the other "legends" at a convention sometime.  Boy was I wrong.  Are =
these
  your true colors?  Now tell me, when a customer brings a piano to your =
shop
  to rebuild it, do you rip them apart too, for not having read popular
  mechanics or aviation monthly?
      I'm sorry that I got to meet you (even via email).  I'm sorry that =
  bought your repair guide.  I'm sorry that I asked a question so =
difficult
  that a season technician like yourself couldn't answer and I'm sorry =
that
  Randy has wasted his time
  telling the world what a great mentor that you are.  People like you =
who
  need to retire but won't are truly a thorn in the side to an =
organization
  that is struggling to stay afloat in a declining industry.

  Ron Shiflet