Key Leading Efficiency

Fri, 24 May 2002 08:29:14 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: May 23, 2002 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: Key Leading Efficiency

> >What kind of a system do any of you use that makes this process
efficient -
> >where you are not switching bits every 3 minutes. I can't imagine doing
this
> >all day long switching bits 4,000 times. Thoughts? Ideas?
> >
> >Terry Farrell
>
> The trick is to make up a bunch of holes beforehand, of the appropriate
> sizes, so they'll be right there and ready as you need them during the
> process. It saves a lot of setup time when you can just pick the
> appropriate hole and insert it where needed, as you go. If you've never
> done this before, here's a little tip. Keep the different sizes in
separate
> containers, or the smaller holes will fall into the larger ones and you
> could turn the entire key inside out trying to install it.

There's more to it than Ron implies...if you let too many of the smaller
holes fall into the larger holes they start getting real crowded together.
Once that starts happening the thing starts attracting more an more small
holes until suddenly you end up with a Black Hole and that will be the end
of allllllllllllllllllllllllllll