Tunings stability problem

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Thu, 23 May 2002 23:05:33 +0200

Several things could be the source of your problem, but obviously its not responding to the move to the church well. I never did find that shimming solutions worked very well, but some folks swear by them. I would suggest next time you remove a pin or two you take a small maglite and inpect very carefully the inside of the tuning pin holes. Look for cracks.

You might try the CA (super glue) trick on a few to see if that works. Epoxy is another solution but personally I find that it seems to work best when you remove the pin and fill the whole hole with thin epoxy and wait a week or so for it to cure, then rebore the hole to the same size it was before the treatment. Anyways... if CA works, its fast and cheap.

Otherwise... a new pinblock may be called for... but I suppose thats not an option.