Recrowning the soundboard

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Thu, 23 May 2002 21:21:56 +0200

And not so long ago there was a very interesting discussion about old versus
new soundboards which went on and on for a long time.

I still stick to the opinion that a new soundboard sounds better
because...it sounds better.
A new Steinway always sounds nicer and stronger than an older one from for
instance a hundred years ago, and if you do not agree than you take the old
one and please, let me have the new one?

(;>))

PS.
As stated before in older e-mails : I do have a lot of experience with wood
people who renewed ribs on old boards and/or renewed complete soundboards,
so I know what it sounds like.

OK Richard...my friend, ready for another round?  (;

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland