SAT and K&C

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 23:11:29 -0500

I tunes a brand new Kohler and Campbell KIG-47 today. Aside from all
the damper problems I was struck by one thing. When doing the FAC on
my SAT III (too many initials I know), the F reading came out -2.2
cents. I was expecting maybe +18. First time I've seen a negative
reading. I did the pitch raise (25 c) with that calculated tuning and
then did a pickier pass by ear and it came out fine. But I was
curious if anyone else gets negative inharmonicity readings on cheap
pianos and what it might mean.....
--
----Dave

Dave Doremus RPT