transposing acton

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 19:11:58 -0500

Dear List,

Last week I saw one of those upright transposing actions that I had
heretofore only heard talked about. It is a Vough upright, serial # 3001,
made in Waterloo, NY. The action has large auxiliary regulating buttons
(attached via wires similar in diameter to a backcheck wire). There is a
shift lever on the bass end which moves the lower part of the action
backward, centering the auxiliary buttons over the capstans, transposing the
piano 1/2 step.

I told the owner that it had no musical value since the pinblock was shot,
but would check to see if it had any historical/collector value because of
the unique action.

Is there anyone out there who would be interested in this piano, or would
know of someone who collects these?

Thanks much.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS