piano tuning party Memorial day

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:52:28 -0400

Jim,
         Thanks for sharing your family fun with us! Sounds as though a god
time was had by all.
         I'd like to ask about your Walter franchise. I was under the
impression that you could buy whenever and however many you desired if you
first bough a qualifying order of 3 or more (I think that's what it was
anyway). Is this no longer the case?

Greg

At 02:17 AM 5/28/2002, you wrote:
>Today my youngest  son invited all of our local families to his
>place to celebrate memorial day. Just before lunch we had a pledge
>of Allegiance to the Flag. My son Arnie who had served in the US
>Army Band during the Vietnam war played a taps echo duet with the
>youngest son Lew in honor of the brave men who have served their
>country especially in times of war.
>
>After lunch, I set the scale using the TunelabPro on my iPaq
>pocket PC. I used 8-1 triple octave match in the Bass and also in
>the treble. This was on a Walter piano which I had given my son
>when I lost the Walter franchise to a big dealer in our area. The
>piano has low inharmonicity and did very well with this wider
>octave spread. Son Arnie who used to be the Phoenix Chapter president
>in the 80's who is home on leave from his missionary post in
>Cameroon, W Africa tuned the Bass with the Tlab. His next younger
>brother Peter tuned
>out the Bass unisons. I tuned the midrange unisons and Phillip our
>#7 son tuned out the unisons of the high treble. The piano turned
>out to sound great. Several took turns playing the piano or two of
>the trumpets which were available. It is so neat to have these
>family get-togethers. I have really been blessed. We missed having
>Jim Jr. with today because he is trying to get some property ready
>for sale or rental where his shop used to be.
>
>The grandkids especially had a good time in Lew's new pool. I hope
>all of you had a good time today.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net