Oversize pins in a doped block

Hans E Sander hesand01@louisville.edu
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:00:12 -0400

I wouldn't even try anymore, because I found out. CA doesn't work with a
doped block. It doesn't stick with the Glyzerine. It is the same
principle, coating a loose flange srew with Teflon after having coated
the whole with CA and not let the CA stick to the screw.
Hans Sander, RPT

>>> pianotuna@yahoo.com 05/28/02 11:51AM >>>
Hi,

Since the block is "ruined" I would suggest trying CA
glue before the oversize pins are installed. If it
works much will be gained, and if it doesn't not much
has been lost.

>I completely agree with Patrick, on this one. Once
the >block has been doped,
>it's toast, IMO. Looks like a new block is in order.
>Have fun with the
>"Select Hardwood" and Phillips Screws. <G>
>Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

=====
Regards,

Tuner for the Saskatchewan Centre of the Arts (1990-2000)

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/