piano tuning party Memorial day

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 27 May 2002 21:17:44 -0900 (PDT)

Today my youngest  son invited all of our local families to his
place to celebrate memorial day. Just before lunch we had a pledge
of Allegiance to the Flag. My son Arnie who had served in the US
Army Band during the Vietnam war played a taps echo duet with the
youngest son Lew in honor of the brave men who have served their
country especially in times of war.

After lunch, I set the scale using the TunelabPro on my iPaq
pocket PC. I used 8-1 triple octave match in the Bass and also in
the treble. This was on a Walter piano which I had given my son
when I lost the Walter franchise to a big dealer in our area. The
piano has low inharmonicity and did very well with this wider
octave spread. Son Arnie who used to be the Phoenix Chapter president
in the 80's who is home on leave from his missionary post in
Cameroon, W Africa tuned the Bass with the Tlab. His next younger
brother Peter tuned
out the Bass unisons. I tuned the midrange unisons and Phillip our
#7 son tuned out the unisons of the high treble. The piano turned
out to sound great. Several took turns playing the piano or two of
the trumpets which were available. It is so neat to have these
family get-togethers. I have really been blessed. We missed having
Jim Jr. with today because he is trying to get some property ready
for sale or rental where his shop used to be.

The grandkids especially had a good time in Lew's new pool. I hope
all of you had a good time today.

Jim Coleman, Sr.