Prices research

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 May 2002 00:08:04 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/02 12:09:46 AM !!!First Boot!!!, gcasper@pacbell.net
writes:

> And
> what do either a Big Mac or a Toyota have to do with the cost of living? Why
> not ask for the median price of a home, if that's what you're looking for?
>
> Greg Casper
> San Jose, CA

I can't remember where I heard it, but the price of a Big Mac, although not
technically a measure of value, does give economist a sense of the cost of
living is a particular country. I think I heard about this while I was in
Japan a couple of weeks ago, on an English speaking CNN TV News report.

So Mark's query does make sense.

Wim