not enough hands -- setting A49 to fork

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Sun, 26 May 2002 18:08:54 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for all your responses.

In my original question, my concern was being able to tune the F21-A49
interval, which would require playing a 17th interval with the left hand
while I tune A49. I figured I could tune A49 more accurately if I could
match the beat rate of this interval with that of F21-fork.

But now I'm finding that I'm pretty accurate when I put the fork in my
mouth or under the keybed, as you all have suggested. Since I can hear
both A49 and the fork simultaneously, I can concentrate on the beating and
do fairly well.

One additional comment: I find that banging the fork on my head gets it
going pretty well. I'm not sure what the long term damage to my head might
be. :)

Charles Neuman