Dealer Prep/Lack Thereof

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 26 May 2002 15:04:58 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/02 1:40:27 PM !!!First Boot!!!, PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM
writes:

> I'm sure many of you have faced or still contend with this issue.  How do
> we, as techs, tell the customer that the piano needs more frequent and more
> thorough service without heaping the blame on dealers?

David

You don't have to blame the dealers. Just tell the customer what you
recommend for service. If you want, get some of the PTG brochures describing
tuning. If they have it, get the "care and feeding" brochure that comes with
the piano, and show them what the manufacturer recommends. The customer, when
given the correct information, will make up his/her own mind about the
dealer.

Wim