My list of top 10/20 pianos most desirable for rebuilding.

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 01:45:23 -0400

At 9:16 AM -0400 5/23/02, PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM wrote:
>>In a message dated 5/22/02 12:11:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>>joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:
>>I would like to start the list with: Chickering, Ivers & Pond, Olde
>>Everetts, Olde Baldwins (D.H.), Kurtzmann, Heinzmann, Olde Kimball Grands,
>>German pianos in general, Bush & Lane, Broadwood & Knabe.
>>Of course, there could be a list of best 100, that would be most
>>appropriate, IMHO.
>
>There are boatloads of great old pianos out there awaiting
>rejuvenation.  The best ones I've >encountered would include Ivers
>and Pond, AB Chase, Stieff, Heinzmann, Kurzmann, and one I
>haven't >seen mentioned that would be at the top of my list: Ludwig!
> And many others, of course.  I'm afraid to >look through my Pierce
>Atlas, because the list might become too cumbersome....
>
>Dave Stahl

I was all set to add my own honored venerables to the list (HF
Miller, Behning, Vose, Estey, Hume, etc.) and then somebody turned in
his homework which he had copied off a web page somewhere. These
things are much more fun learned by experience rather than
copy'n'paste.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
     ...........The new math