Stieff upright

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 08:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know, but I've been told... (how's that
for an opening line?!) that some piano companies
sold their prototypes.  I suspect that Knabe and
Chickering were both pretty active in their R&D
and always had something new they were trying
out.  And... if the piano turned out at least
halfway decent, why not sell it?  It's money to
further fund the R&D!!!  We might all be somewhat
surprised to find out how many truly 'one of a
kind' type pianos are out there.

FWIW... (not much!) :-)

Best wishes,

Brian T.

> I don't know!!  I was just trying to keep my
> list short.  Actually, the Knabes I have worked
> on between 1900 and 1925 have been
> inconsistant.
>
> David Koelzer
> DFW