My list of top 10/20 pianos most desirable for rebuilding.

PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM
Thu, 23 May 2002 09:16:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/02 12:11:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> I would like to start the list with: Chickering, Ivers & Pond, Olde
> Everetts, Olde Baldwins (D.H.), Kurtzmann, Heinzmann, Olde Kimball Grands,
> German pianos in general, Bush & Lane, Broadwood & Knabe.
> Of course, there could be a list of best 100, that would be most

There are boatloads of great old pianos out there awaiting rejuvenation.  The
best ones I've encountered would include Ivers and Pond, AB Chase, Stieff,
Heinzmann, Kurzmann, and one I haven't seen mentioned that would be at the
top of my list: Ludwig!  And many others, of course.  I'm afraid to look
through my Pierce Atlas, because the list might become too cumbersome....

Dave Stahl