My list of top 10/20 pianos most desirable for rebuilding.

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Thu, 23 May 2002 00:07:39 +0000

As most of you know, I am just starting out learning the trade.  I am
currently in the first month of taking the Randy Potter course.
I was wondering what pianos from Larry Fine's book (where he mentiones
pre-1930s brands worth preservation or something like that) would you
all consider restoring?  Specifically, what brands of vertical pianos?
So you won't have to dig out the book, here's the list (copied and
pasted from a website):

Steinway    Knabe    Bösendorfer    Ivers & Pond    Steinert    Emerson
   Apollo    Weber    Krakauer    Everett    Ibach    Baldwin
Chickering    Blüthner    Henry F. Miller    Jewett   Vose    A.B.
Chase    Wing    Hallet & Davis    Hamilton    Heintzman    Mason &
Hamlin    Bechstein    Sohmer    McPhail    Hume    Chas. Stieff
Packard    Haines Bros.    Lester   Kimball

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm

--