Liberace Museum News

Eliot Lee eliotlee1@cox.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 21:44:57 -0700

Last year I visited the Liberace museum, and naturally I started tinkering
on the piano.  The square grand they have is in deplorable condition many of
the notes won't even play.

They are corded off and the staff were really annoyed when I touched them, I
told them I couldn't help it being a technician.

Nothing to write home about, lots of glitter but I was not particularly
impressed with the piano brands, there was a nice 9' Baldwin Concert Grand
studded with rhinestones, but so was everything else including his VW.

I don't know if we will ever have such a glitzy performer again, but
compared to the musicianship of today's pop musician he certainly wasn't the
worst.

Eliot Lee