Bass strings

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 22:16:55 EDT

In a message dated 05/20/2002 9:57:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cmpiano@attbi.com writes:

> Pick the exposed wire at the agraffe or bridge end with a guitar pick and
> compare sound of the better ones and the bad ones.  Then add additional
> twists on the bad ones to see if it improves.  You did twist at
> installation, didn't you?  This may or  may not help, but it will tell you
> if it's the string.  I had a 7 ft grand with lousy new bass strings.
> Putting three full turns on the bad one did wonders.
>
> Let us know
>
> .Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
> Santa Clara, California
> <A HREF="mailto:cmpiano@attbi.com">cmpiano@attbi.com</A>

Carl,
 I did twist the strings during installation (one full twist),and the worst
two strings are the unison strings of the same note.(bi-chord) I will try
adding more twist Wensday,when I go back and pull the strings in for their
service,and thanks much for your tip.
Hazen Bannister