Bass strings

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 21:12:57 EDT

Hi list
 I went and put the bass strings on the U1 today,that I posted about last
week.I backed-off the pin a half turn,removed the old strings,and used the
coil maker (thanks Joe and others),and slid the new string right on.I think
I'll use this method from now on,instead of backing the pin out 2 1/2 turns
and twisting the new string on,I feel better about not backing the pin out
that far.I ordered the bass strings from Mapes,and am not totally pleased
with them.Some of the new strings sound tubby,almost dead.I checked the
winding,everything looks good,but the sound is bad.
Thanks again,
Hazen Bannister