Info on 1890 Ivers and Ponds piano

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Mon, 20 May 2002 10:15:24 EDT

Hello,  Mary  Beth

    It appears that you have gotten much information
on your  " Ivers and Pond "  Piano. But little directly
addressing your questions.
    First I will try to address the question about the stool
or bench..    It more than likely had a round stool.
In the 1895 Montgomery Ward catalog only stools were
offered with their  " Winsor " upright Pianos.  The price was
 $2.75 with (3) iron legs and a swivel seat.

  In the 1902 Sears catalog there were four swivel
stools offered with their "American Home" piano
 beginning at  $1.15 to $2.90.
There were no reference to a bench l by ether Co.

    It is my  believe that  the  "piano bench" came
into being with the advent of the foot pumping
" player piano ".
      A far as the dollar value, assuming yours is in
average condition.  To arrive at this we will have to
work backwards from a known condition. That
being after a quality restoration.

     In my opinion after restoration you would have
to  PAY approx.  $12.000 to $14.000 for a new piano
 to match this piano in performance and durability.
Restoration in the Dallas area is about $8.000 to
$10.000 at this time.

     My shop does not recommend this  unless you
want or have need of a  beautiful and very high
performing piano.

Regards, to all
Jack Wyatt