Cleaning the glue pot!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 19 May 2002 15:11:36 -0700

Phil,
When the glue pot gets nasty, I fill it to the top with tap water, while
it's still on the "hot plate". Let it thin the glue down to mix with all the
water. Then, I take it into the laundry room sink and get the water running
as hot as it gets. I put a "scrub pad" in the drain to avoid the stir stick,
thermometer, etc., going down the drain and lodging in the trap. (Don't
ask!) Let the water thoroughly rinse out the pot of glue. Then a good
scrubbing with SOS pad to really brighten up the pot. (my pots are
copper/brass, so they really look pretty.) Anyway, the whole process,
doesn't take very long, it is a good idea to do this so that you cut down on
the bacteria. Bacteria is what degrades the glue.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)