Info on 1890 Ivers and Ponds piano

Reikiharp@AOL.COM Reikiharp@AOL.COM
Sat, 18 May 2002 08:29:14 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/02 12:49:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dlbullock@att.net writes:

<<  Rebuild an old Ivers and Pond and you spend a
 fraction of that amount.  In a good shop such work would be over $4K but
 seldom as much as $8K

 I usually have several being rebuilt at all times.  I have often been a year
 behind trying to get them all completed.  We do not fix up or refurbish.  We
 do all new piano actions, recrown the soundboards, restring and refinish.
 We seldom have one to sell because we are so busy doing pianos for
 customers.  Our finished product looks and sounds exactly like Grandma saw
 and heard it when she bought it new. >>

       Well said. You must be one of a very, very small handful of
technicians ,who has discovered the infintessimal market for a 4-8 G antique
upright. Hats off. One question though; How do you recrown the soundboard in
an old upright?                                                 Joseph D.
Gotta RPT