Rock & Roll Tuning

Pianotech pianotech@ttlv.net
Fri, 17 May 2002 20:05:51 -0700

Make sure the piano is outside for a while before tuning and then try to
tune just before the show. It will still go out of tune but won't be as bad.
I have several outside tunings in the summer by hotel pools here in Las
Vegas. Tuning at sometimes in 106 degrees of sun --- loverly.

Alan Meyer
Assoc. Member
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 4:10 AM
Subject: Rock & Roll Tuning

> I will be tuning a piano for an outdoor concert featuring the rock/pop
band NRBQ. I don't do much concert tuning. The tuning will occur at 2 pm,
and the band takes the stage at 11 pm. I have tuned at only one outdoor
concert before and it was horrible from a tuning perspective as the sun kept
popping out and beating directly down on the piano interior during the
tuning. I hope this one is at least in the shade (who knows, maybe we'll
even have one of our Florida evening thunder storms between the tuning and
the concert - or better yet, during the tuning)!

> Hey, there's nobody here being pessimistic!
>
> I suppose the only thing to do is to do a good tuning and split. Any words
of wisdom, do's &/or don'ts? Surprise 'em w/ a fun meantone? (just kidding).