Info on 1890 Ivers and Ponds piano

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Fri, 17 May 2002 08:59:00 -0400

Hi!

I got your name off the pianotech digest chat group.  My mother recently
gave me the 1890 Ivers and Ponds carved upright piano (it's a beauty) which
we had in our basement growing up.  She bought it from an old lady in our
Pennsylvania neighborhood in the 1970's for $75.  My problem is it doesn't
have a piano stool or bench.  I wanted to know what would be authentic to
the period and I was wondering if you might know or if you might know
someone who would.

  Also, is there some kind of book that has photos of old Ivers and Ponds
pianos so I could get a sense of the piano's history and value.  When we
moved the piano into our house, we found the serial number inside and the
piano mover looked it up.  It was from the first five years they
manufactured pianos - 1890-1895.

Thanks for reading this and helping me if possible.

Sincerely,

Mary Beth Fielder
Los Angeles.