Rock & Roll Tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 07:10:06 -0400

I will be tuning a piano for an outdoor concert featuring the rock/pop band NRBQ. I don't do much concert tuning. The tuning will occur at 2 pm, and the band takes the stage at 11 pm. I have tuned at only one outdoor concert before and it was horrible from a tuning perspective as the sun kept popping out and beating directly down on the piano interior during the tuning. I hope this one is at least in the shade (who knows, maybe we'll even have one of our Florida evening thunder storms between the tuning and the concert - or better yet, during the tuning)!

Hey, there's nobody here being pessimistic!

I suppose the only thing to do is to do a good tuning and split. Any words of wisdom, do's &/or don'ts? Surprise 'em w/ a fun meantone? (just kidding).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Terry Farrell