Fwd: Ralph Martin

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 16 May 2002 23:34:06 -0400

At 3:04 PM -0500 5/16/02, Avery Todd wrote:
>>Dear Fellow list members. Ralph passed away at 1PM today. He was in
>>no pain at the last and passed in his sleep. I am here with Barbara
>>and Ralphs daughter and Son-in-Law.
>>   Ralph was aware of the expressions of well wishes and prayers
>>from list members.
>>   We have all lost a good friend and a Sterling gentleman is lost
>>to the world. I shall miss him more than I can say....Go with God
>>Ralph....
>>   Jim Bryant..........
>
>Me too, Jim. Sorry I never had the opportunity to meet him in person!
>
>Avery

I'll always remember Ralph Martin's fine gentlemanly bearing. He also
had the long perspective of at least five decades in the service and
retail business.This of course was very well suited to his sharp
memory for the details of each of his eras. I never did more than
read his emails, but that with anticipation rewarded. Ralph was a
real gift to us.

I enjoyed Ralph the same way I enjoyed retired radio sports announcer
and commentator, Red Barber, who held for with righteousness on that
week's sports (or that week's blossoms in his back yard in FLA), once
a week on NPR's Morning Edition. They both exemplified the benefits
of those later (and last) years of life so beautifully.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"All God's Children got Rhythm"
     ...........Ivy Anderson in "A Day at the Races"