wording???

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 22:38:16 -0400

At 4:40 PM -0400 5/13/02, Farrell wrote:
>When in the environmental industry I authored many proposals and
>reports and worked with many attorneys to dance around the blame
>issue. My suggestion would be to be careful to say nothing about
>when the damage may have occurred at all. The owner asked you for an
>estimate to refinish, rebuild or whatever. Give them a proposal to
>refinish rebuild, or whatever. Don't give them a proposal to fix
>storage damage, but rather to make the piano like new again. Let the
>owner carry the burden of identifying when the damage may have
>occurred. You weren't there. Not your problem.
>
>Terry Farrell

Hear, Hear. I'd add a clause to what is simply and explicitly an
estimate for finish repair:

"The circumstances behind this damage are unimportant to the
execution of the contracted work. I offer my services as a piano
rebuilder. I am not a forensic chemist."

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"The law gets you into everything. It's the ultimate backstage pass.
It's the new priesthood"
     ...........Al Pacino in "Devil's Advocate"