U1 bass strings

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:30:29 -0400

Hazen and Newton,
         I've tuned for these churches before and no amount of work will
save breakage of some kind. If you dummy down the regulation you get broken
action parts. If you leave it alone you get broken strings. Take your pick.
About the only advice I could ever give them was to get a monitor speaker
and point it right at the piano player so they can hear themselves. That
was right before I stopped doing that kind of work.

Greg Newell

At 04:25 PM 5/12/2002, you wrote:
>In a message dated 05/12/2002 4:17:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>nhunt@optonline.net writes:
>

>>You might consider deregulating the action to reduce the power.  Shorten
>>blow
>>distance, shorten dip and set the let-off at 1/4" instead of 1/8" and
>>have the
>>church put a monitor speaker with the volume set high right at the
>>players ear
>>level.  That helps a lot!
>>
>>        Newton
>>

>Hi Newton,list,
>  The piano is about three feet from a drum set,and right behind two
> guitar amps.I told them I would bring back a pickup for the piano,to try
> out,as it could not keep up with its neighbors volume wise.I will also
> check the regulation you suggested as well.
>Thanks,
>Hazen Bannister

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net