Pinblocks and o/s pins

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 23:16:55 EDT

In a message dated 05/12/2002 10:59:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
yardbird@pop.vermontel.net writes:

> Most of us wouldn't make that determination without removing the
> plate. More obvious signs of deterioration can be seen beneath the
> plate, but many important signs will be hidden until the plate gets
> lifted out.

Hi,
  That was my guess,but most of the older uprights I was thinking of,would
not be worth the trouble to pull the plate.If I went to that trouble,I would
just put in a new block,which most customers with budget pianos, would not
spend that kind of money,on a two - three hundred dollar piano.
Hazen Bannister