Pinblocks and o/s pins

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Sun, 12 May 2002 19:56:49 -0400

At 6:05 PM -0400 5/12/02, Farrell wrote:
>Or, what really works like a new pinblock, is to epoxy in 1/2"
>pinblock plugs, and drill for appropriate size pin. That way you are
>back to 2/0 or whatever pins, have new pinblock material, and all
>holes are of similar characteristics - works just like a new
>pinblock. It really is not hard to do. IMHO, a better way to go, if
>not replacing pinblock.
>
>Terry Farrell

Definitely a better way to do if not replacing a pinblock. But would
the time here be quite close to the time in starting over with a new
block? Sort of like what I used to hear the board installers say
after they had gotten up to speed with that piece of surgery, "by the
time I've glued and screwed the separations, and shimmed the cracks,
I could have put in a new board."

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Garth, Take me!"
"Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
     ...........Kim Bassinger and Dana Carvey in "Wayne's World 2"