Pin Blocks and OS pins

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sun, 12 May 2002 15:14:07 EDT

Joe writes:

>prefer to use the drill bit, appropriate for that size pin, (as if it were
>a new block). I just chuck the drill bit in a slow RPM 1/2" (godzilla type)
> hand drill and ream away. This has proven to be more controllable, for
>me.

Greetings,
   A more consistant result can be had when using a bit as a reamer if the
cutting edges are removed from the bit's tip as well as dulling the first
inch or so of the flutes. This allows the bit to center itself in the hole
before cutting commences, make for a much more consistant sizing.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT