OT: acronyms :-)

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 08:43:26 -0400

Friends,

To be more specific, POS (spelled out) is vulgar whereas PSO (piano-shaped object) is not.  And they're
the same thing only in our context.  PSO can refer only to pianos whereas PSO could be used to refer to
almost anything of very poor quality or condition.

I am glad that vulgarities rarely show up on the list.  We are professionals and should express
ourselves as such.  Consider the following definitions from Webster:

politically correct - marked by or adhering to a typically progressive orthodoxy on issues involving
esp. race, gender, sexual affinity, or ecology.

vulgar - characterized by ignorance of or lack of good breeding or taste; indecent; obscene; crude.

Regards,
Clyde