Jenn-you-whine Steinway parts

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 12 May 2002 12:25:53 +0200

Hello David,

Been told that Abel shanks are Japan made. Used it once, and did not
appreciate them a lot (profile not very good and strange wood)

The profile on Renner parts (I believe you talk about the olive & whippen
flange) seems to work fine for me, anyway for replacement parts they are as
good as I expect them.
Are you speaking of the flat part in the profile ground vs. rounded shape on
originals. This seems to change nothing in papering, actually, if we don't
paper all along.

Even when stressed, the profile don't move, so I am expecting it to work
well in time (not warping, etc)
But may be you don't have the same as mine, I will take a picture of some if
someone wish, could post it privately (whippen, shanks & hammers)

The profile on the Renner hammers sold by Renner is not very suitable for
Steinway in my HO, the felt is not shaped in a way we can obtain the correct
shape with filing (for German type S&S). Some better suitable parts can be
available on inquiry, but this should be a little expensive to send them to
you may be.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG
.