1969 Steinway L CBS?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 11 May 2002 10:45:08 +0000

>   We also have several Yamaha verticals at the school that have been in
>constant use since the late 1960's and the are just beginning to "wear out",
>but are still serviceable.
>Regards,
>Ed Foote RPT

Hi Ed,
           Now, are these a joy to refurbish? Order prehung hammer and butt
assemblies, rebush the keys, a good regulation and voicing, and it's good
for another 10 to 20 years in institutional use. 2 days work and it's a
fraction of the cost of a new piano. The parts are so well engineered, I'm
in awe every time I replace Yamaha parts.
Re the Steinway parts, Last year I rebuilt a D with the all new Steinway
parts. The results were very satisfactory. The parts fit was in line with
what I have recived from the German suppliers.  Dealing with Kent Webb was
excellent as usual. The piano was a teflon era piano that has had
complaints since day one, all the geometry and friction issues are fixed,
and artist are giving the piano praise.
It's funny to watch those players that look at the ser# before sitting
down, then smile when they play the first few notes. Piano was circa 1969.
See you in 2 weeks.

Regards Roger
Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.