Aeolean player

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 07:24:53 -0500

Can someone tell me how to get the top unit out of a "Standard Player
Mechanism" out of an Aolean player? The same would be true, I suppose, on
a "Standard Player Mechanism" in a DuoArt piano, same mechanism, slightly
smaller piano.  Oh both, the action needs removal.  My suspicion is that
one removes two screws at either end, and two smaller nuts toward the
center, then lifts, and simply shifts the player part forward, making no
attempt to completely remove it, as large bundles of hoses go down
through the keybed, and I don't want to be the one to mess with those
hoses.   I wonder, also if the two pneumatics for the soft pedal, one
mounted on the cabinet at either end, need to be taken off to get the
actions out.

On one, hammer flange pins are starting to come out, and the other needs,
I THINK, flanges lubricated, simply because of lack of use, some are
tight, as well as capstans needing some adjustment.

Thanks
les bartlett
houston

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!