1969 Steinway L CBS?

Sat, 11 May 2002 12:13:50 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> I have yet to run into a brand Y piano that regulates its own dampers!
> From the standpoint of a technician, I am not crabbing about brand X.
> I am simply stating a general observation regarding how they hold up
> over the years compared to some other pianos, most notably brand Y.
> From the standpoint of the consumer, having purchased a new brand X
> vertical before getting into this field, I am indeed crabbing. And I
> got something to crab about!   ;-0 With good intent throughout, Terry
> Farrell

Hmmm... so you owned a Steinway upright that went bad.... for reasons
not completely understood to us others... you had some bad experience in
dealing with their service department as well ?? (seem to remember you
saying something about this a while back.. am I wrong ?) And from this
and from your experience base you feel justified in condemning what the
vast majority of pianists clearly recognize as the best sounding and
playing instrument available for purchase these past 120 years or so.

I know people who CHOOSE not to buy a BMW..... not because they dont
think of it as a good car... but because its tempermental and needs lots
of looking after.  Then I also know people who think BMW's are lousy
cars..... because they are tempermental....

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.