Just Intervals?

Mmeade1pno@AOL.COM Mmeade1pno@AOL.COM
Fri, 10 May 2002 18:24:48 EDT

Come from a musical family, grew up in Saratoga Springs NY. Parents wanted me
and my twin bro. to get a good education, sent to Interlochen for school in
the eighth grade. Best thing to ever happen to us.
College at Eastman, beginning in 72, graduating in 76. As a string quartet
that formed at Eastman, did grad work at UConn. Got quartet jobs in MI,
(Battle Creek and Kalamazoo) at various schools and orchestras. We got very
good, but not quite good enough to warrant a long career at it. Had a family,
back to NY. Tried some auditions, didn't get anywhere except local groups. To
support 4(that's right) kids, I picked up piano tuning again (had done Niles
Bryant while at Eastman). My playing has kept up. In fact, I'm sure I play
better now than when I was full - time pro.
I play solos at a summer festival, principal cello in a nearby orch, and
"gig". As a tuner, I do a conservatory, some recording studios, performance
groups, private customers, etc. Been an RPT since 90, and did a SUNY college
job for four years.
Ron Leonard and Alan Harris are primary teachers. Chamber music studies with
Juilliard and Amadeus quartets. Bout covers it!

                                                   Nice to find a cellist -
RPT
                                                   Michael Meade