Tuning Curves - see what you ear

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 11 May 2002 01:36:10 +0200

Hi, Richard, being late but you still there !

> > But I suppose you are aware that the display of an ETD rarely shows the
thing that we are to hear, it only gives a direction, so partial choice is
of course very important.

> Well it does if you make it do so. You can directly reference any
> partial and  then play a note with that partial as one of its coincident
and  "see" exactly
> what you hear.

Richard, that is exactly the problem, I more and more figure I don't want to
see what I hear in this way, as it makes me focus or something which is not
what I need .

I probably want to "hear what I see"  more than that ;>)

Partial coincidence does not open my ears enough, in short, then with open
ears I can use the display, but will often tune a little different of it
(RCT). May be because nobody listening to music will listen to coincidence
of partials, or not in this way.

But I am pretty sure you understand me.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Or may be it is that it does not work for me.